Saturday, July 09, 2016

Minnesota cops kill an innocent and co-operative black man

American police and blacks are locked into a vicious circle.  Because blacks are often defiant and aggressive towards them, the police are always on hair-trigger alert when stopping blacks -- and if that alertness is triggered by any sign of opposition, it can explode into  violence.

It will ever be so while Leftist bigots like Obama and his ilk constantly side with black criminals and demonize the police.  Obama and his ilk PROVOKE black anger and thus endanger police.  And endangered police are going to be very quick to move against anything that they see as threatening their safety.  The story below is a prime example of it.  A super-alert cop saw what he thought was a reach for a gun and that was the instantaneous end for an innocent black

The shooting was an accident but it was an accident set up by the constant claims of American racism made by the American Left.  Who can blame blacks for believing what the Left tell them -- that they are the victims of white prejudice and injustice.  Their hostility towards any representative of those they see as oppressors is understandable. And now that we have had the shootings of police in Texas, great guilt is borne by the hate-mongers.

I was once pulled up for minor speeding by the notorious California Highway Patrol.  But ,because I was relaxed, white and courteous, I was handed no penalty and clearly left the cop in a good mood. He was very tense on first approach so finding me to be polite was clearly a relief to him

The distraught woman who live-streamed her boyfriend dying after he was shot five times by a cop in Minnesota has launched an extraordinary attack on the police for 'killing him in front of my daughter'.

Diamond Reynolds, who was handcuffed after a cop in Falcon Heights, Saint Paul, shot Philando Castile, 32, five times on Wednesday at 9pm, sobbed as she said her four-year-old daughter will 'forever be scarred' by the incident.

Footage recorded by Reynolds, who was taken into custody until 5am Thursday in the aftermath of the shooting was live-streamed on Facebook, prompting widespread outrage and protests in Saint Paul.

The second such controversial police shooting of a black man in the past 24 hours has resulted in Minnesota's governor asking for a federal investigation to be launched.

Hours after she was released from jail, she launched into a 20-minute speech calling on the community to come together as she was flanked by a crowd of supporters brandishing Black Lives Matter placards.

She insisted that police had stopped them for a busted tail light, which she claims wasn't even busted, and that Castile told the officer he had a firearm on him and a license, before the cop began shooting 'for no reason'.

She told the growing crowd that her boyfriend 'didn't have any last words. His eyes rolled in the back of his head.'

'The police did this to us. The police killed him in front of my daughter. The police did this to me. They took an innocent man away from us.'

Demanding justice and peace, she said: 'These police should not be able to bear arms on innocent people in front of kids. My daughter will be forever scarred by what the police of Falcon Heights did to us.

'For no apparent reason they asked him for identification. And before they gave him a chance to get it, they beared arms on him.'

Reynolds said that police treated her 'like a prisoner', detaining her after the 9pm shooting and keeping her in custody until 5am, separating her from her young daughter, and denying her food and water. She added that police didn't bother to check the pulse of Castile after shooting him and didn't administer first aid.

She says that police didn't inform her that he was dead until 3am, even though they knew he was dead when they took him from the scene.

'They put me in a room and separated me from my child. They treated me like a prisoner. They treated me like I did this to me. And I didn't. They did this to us. They took a black man away. He worked for St Paul public schools, he never had a criminal record. he never did anything, no gang affiliated, nothing, he was a hard working man, his birthday was in nine days. They took him nine days before his birthday. It's not fair and it's not right.'

She claimed the police would tamper with evidence after taking her off the scene, making sure she was not able to speak to anybody until she was dropped off at her doorstep at 5am.

When they let her go, they kept her phone and car for evidence.

Asked how she had the wherewithal to put the video on Facebook, she said: 'I wanted everyone in the world to know that no matter how much police tamper with evidence, how much they stick together, no matter how much they manipulate our minds to believe what they want to put it on Facebook and go viral so that the people could see. I wanted the people to determine who was right and who was wrong.'

She paid tribute to her daughter, calling her 'my lifeline'.

'My daughter told me to stay strong and that's what I had to do. My daughter told me don't cry and that's what I had to do... my daughter prayed for me.'

She said she wanted the world to see that the police 'are not there to protect and serve us, they are there to assassinate us.'

The incident is being investigated by Minnesota's Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, although Mark Dayton, the Governor of Minnesota, has asked for the US Justice Department to open a federal investigation.

'My deepest condolences go out to the family and friends,' said Mr Dayton, who was evacuated from his residence last night as protesters descended on it demanding justice. 'This kind of behavior is unacceptable. It is not the norm in Minnesota. I promise... to see that this matter is brought to justice and all avenues are pursued and do a complete investigation. Justice will be served in Minnesota.'

Gov. Dayton later said in a press conference: 'If the passengers were white, do I think this would've happened? No I don't. 'This kind of racism exists and it's incumbent on all of us to vow and ensure that it doesn't continue to happen.'

In the original video, Reynolds tells viewers that she and Castile were pulled over for a busted tail light by a 'Chinese police officer'.

She claims the cop, from the St. Anthony Police Department in Falcon Heights, asked Castile, a cafeteria supervisor at JJ Hill Montessori Magnet School in St Paul, to show his license, but then shot him four times while he reached for it.

As she talks, she moves the camera across to show Castile, bloody and losing consciousness, and the cop - still pointing his gun, as her young daughter sits in the back seat.

The police officer, who is yet to be identified, has been placed on paid leave.

Reynolds says to her Facebook viewers that Castile, who had minor offences on his criminal record, was licensed to carry a weapon and told the officer he had a firearm as he reached for his wallet and ID.  'And the officer just shot him in his arm,' she says.

'Ma'am, keep your hands where they are,' the cop says, sounding panicked. He then appears to shout 'F***!'

'He just shot his arm off,' says Reynolds, maintaining her calm.

'I told him not to reach for it!' the cop screams, sounding close to tears. 'I told him to get his hand open.'

'You told him to get his ID, sir, you told him to get his driver's license,' she says. And suddenly the reality seems to hit her, as Castile appears to stop moving.

'Oh god, don't tell me he's dead,' she says. 'Please don't tell me my boyfriend just went like that... please don't tell me that he's gone.'

The cop tells her to keep her hands 'where they are, please' and she agrees, but then goes back to chanting about her boyfriend's possible death. 'Please don't tell me this Lord, please Jesus don't tell me that he's gone.'

'Please officer don't tell me that you just did this to him. You shot four bullets into him, sir,' she says, her voice finally beginning to crack with emotion. 'He was just getting his licence and registration, sir.'

At that moment, other officers are heard telling Reynolds to exit the car and walk backwards towards them. She asks if they have her daughter. In the distance a girl can be heard crying.

They tell her to get on her knees while they cuff her - 'Ma'am you're just being detained right now until we just get this all sorted out, okay?' says one of the new officers.

'They threw my phone, Facebook,' Reynolds says, before finally breaking down as another siren - possibly an ambulance - is heard. 'Please no,' she wails, 'Please don't let him be gone.'

She repeats her story and begs anyone watching to come help her at the corner of Larpenteur Avenue and Fry Street.

The camera moves over to her daughter for a moment; the girl looks sad and confused.

'It was a Chinese police officer that shot him,' says Reynolds. 'He asked him for his license and registration, which was in the back of his pocket, because he keeps his wallet in his pocket.

'And as he went to reach, he let the officer know before he was reaching that he had a firearm on him, and before he can let the officer know anything, the officer took off shots. About four or five rounds was shot.

'And my boyfriend, I don't know what condition he's in, I don't know if he's okay or if he's not okay. I'm in the back seat of a police car, handcuffed... they got machine guns pointed.'

Finally, Reynolds - who has mostly kept it together throughout the incident - breaks down. 'I f***ing-- I can't f***ing--' she stutters, before screaming. 'It's okay,' her daughter says. 'I'm right here with you.'

In a statement, St. Anthony Police Department said: 'On 07-06-2016 at approximately 2100 hours, a St. Anthony Police Officer effected a traffic stop on Larpenteur and Fry in the City of Falcon Heights, Minnesota.

'During the stop, shots were fired. One adult male was taken to the hospital. We have been informed that this individual is deceased.

'No one else was injured and the BCA has been called in to investigate this officer involved shooting. A handgun was recovered from the scene. 'The BCA will provide additional information as their investigation progresses.'

Castile was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center, according to The Star Tribune.

Sgt. Jon Mangseth, interim chief of St. Anthony Police Department told the paper that the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension has been called in to investigate.

The officer involved in the shooting had worked for the force 'in excess of five years', Sgt. Jon Mangseth said.

At a 2am press conference, the police chief confirmed Castile was shot by the officer at 9pm.

A gun was recovered from the scene and has been sent for processing.

The video had received more than 1.5million views in the four hours after it went live - and attracted a stream of horrified and angry comments.

The video disappeared for around an hour after it was put up, causing angry accusations of censorship, but then returned with a 'graphic content' warning.

Reynolds's entire Facebook profile also went down for the duration before returning.

Original report here

(And don't forget your ration of Wicked Thoughts for today. Now hosted on Wordpress.  If you cannot access it, go to the MIRROR SITE, where  posts  appear as well as on  the primary site.  I have reposted  the archives (past posts) for Wicked Thoughts  HERE or HERE

No comments: