Thursday, May 15, 2008



Memorandum

This blog is a collection of what I regard as the interesting justice reports and commentary of the day. It therefore consists almost entirely of reprints from other sources, often accompanied by brief comments from me.

Until recently, I had never had from anybody a complaint about my reproducing their writings. I am sure that most people feel as I do: That it is a compliment to have one's writings re-run by someone else.

My post of 12th, however, got an unusual reaction. It reproduces a post on a libertarian group blog called The Line is Here. One member of the group posted a comment thanking me for re-running the piece.

Subsequently, however, I received a most abrasive message from yet another member of the group with an opposite implication: Some woman named Hazel Stone demanded that I delete the post. She also has a rage-filled post about the matter on the group blog. She sounds frankly hormonal.

I have therefore written to the author of the piece -- who has so far not been heard from -- and asked him for his wishes. If he wants it deleted, I will delete it.

I guess that Hazel is a poor thing. Her social relationships must be in a bad way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was using a device called ’sarcasm’, I’m sorry you didn’t understand that. You were correct in thinking that Robb’s piece was very well done, and we do not ordinarily mind when someone decides to use a quote from any given post, as long as proper accreditation is given. But you took it upon yourself to copy the entire post, and not even mention where it came from except to put a little bitty “here” that tagged back to the site. It would have been appropriate for you to either mention our site by name, or to quote a small portion or the post with something like “read the rest over at The Line is Here” and then tag back to it. We would ask that you would edit your post to reflect origination, whether that be our site or Robb’s site, Sharp as a Marble. If you are unable to edit your post, which should be relatively easy, I would at least ask that you refrain from personal attacks upon Hazel Stone. It makes you look like a misogynist who is just trying to pick on a girl. I mean really, calling her ‘honey’ and ‘hormonal’ is beneath you.

Sorry to cross post this comment,I was wanted to be sure that you saw it where it was appropriate.

bussorah said...

If you want civility you have to practise it. Hazel would not know how, it seems. Your initial message was quite civil and I was about to respond to it when I received the very abrasive message from Hazel.

It gives me no heartburn at all to delete the post. As I said, I will do whatever the author advises me himself. I would be delighted to have no connection at all with such strange people as your group appear to be.

bussorah said...

Hazel abused me up hill and down dale and I have the temerity to call her "Honey"! Wow! What a disproportionate response!

You must be under the thumb of the woman to believe so

bussorah said...

Amusing that you should call Hazel a girl

She doesn't sound like a girl in what she says.

More like an old hippopotamus