Saturday, January 18, 2014




British cops caught on camera making tea and eating biscuits in suspect's office while he was locked in a cell

Pilferers

These CCTV pictures show police officers allegedly helping themselves to biscuits and coffee in the office of a suspect as he waited in a police cell fearing for his future.

David Sharma, 47, a father-of-two who lives in Canterbury, Kent, has vowed to take legal action against the police for what he describes as a ‘breach of his human rights’.

He was arrested on suspicion of voyeurism, questioned and put in a cell for nine hours after the allegation - but later released without charge and told he faced no further action.

One woman complained Mr Sharma allegedly had hidden cameras in the women’s toilets at the Howfield Manor Hotel in Chartham Hatch, Kent, where he is a director.

He said: ‘Six officers went into my office and said "give us the evidence, it would be best for you".

‘They took the CCTV equipment and searched my house and took my phones and laptop. Then I was arrested and taken away to a police station.

‘While I was sitting in a freezing cold cell after they took my coat and shoes, they were lounging around in my office for four hours eating biscuits and drinking coffee.

‘I think it breached the Human Rights Act and I have taken it up with my lawyer. I thought in this country we were innocent until proven guilty. I think I’ll look into moving to a different country.’

Mr Sharma was arrested on September 9 last year and bailed that evening. On December 3 he was told he would not face any further action and was released from bail without charge.

It was then he found the CCTV footage from the day of his arrest - filmed on the camera in his hotel office.

He added: ‘When I saw the footage I was in complete shock that many of them spent all that time sitting around. It must have cost the taxpayer thousands.

‘They were drinking my coffee and eating my biscuits. At least my coffee, which they drank was a good quality, whereas the tea they served me at the police station was awful.’

In talks: The CCTV pictures show at least six uniformed officers, either standing or sitting

In talks: The CCTV pictures show at least six uniformed officers, either standing or sitting

The CCTV pictures show at least six uniformed officers, either standing or sitting, drinking coffee and chatting. At one point they can be seen studying some CCTV footage on a screen.

Mr Sharma, who lives with his wife Catherine, 47, and two daughters Katie, 12, and Olivia, eight, said the ordeal had made his life a ‘complete misery’.

He said: ‘I didn’t sleep for two-and-a-half months. I couldn’t get it out of my head. Every time I heard a car pull up I would think "is that the police again?"

‘I’ve lost business and I’m worried about people talking behind my back. A wedding reception and a Christmas party due to take place at the hotel have already cancelled.’

A Kent Police spokesman said they could not comment on the matter as there was potential legal action pending from Mr Sharma.

Original report here

 

 

 

(And don't forget your ration of Wicked Thoughts for today. Now hosted on Wordpress. If you cannot access it, go to the MIRROR SITE, where posts appear as well as on the primary site. I have reposted the archives (past posts) for Wicked Thoughts HERE or HERE or here


No comments: