Wednesday, September 26, 2007



British police thugs again

They're no good at dealing with Britain's epidemic of violent crime but are good at harassing law-abiding citizens

A man who stopped to help at a motorway accident has made an official complaint after police hit him with a baton, handcuffed him and arrested him.

Graeme Deacon was on the M67 near Hyde, Manchester, when he saw the accident on the opposite carriageway. He crossed over and helped the driver to safety. Then a second car drove into the back of the first and caught fire. Mr Deacon helped to free the young driver. Police arrived and offered to drive him to his vehicle. But Mr Deacon said: “The carriageway was empty. I could have crawled across on my hands and knees. There was absolutely no risk. A police officer said, ‘You’ll wait as long as it takes, whether it’s five minutes or two hours. You’ll stay there.’ I went to walk off and three of them pushed me face down in the gravel, hit the back of my legs with a baton and handcuffed me. One said, ‘Shut up or I’ll spray you with CS gas’.”

Mr Deacon, of Glossop, Derbyshire, was released without charge after an hour in custody.

Report here



(And don't forget your ration of Wicked Thoughts for today)

No comments: